Capture Mix 001: Amaliah
One of London's favourite up-and-comers, Amaliah delivers the first Capture Mix ahead of her appearance at Waterworks this Saturday.
Amaliah's Waterworks Warm-up
Taking shows at GALA, We Out Here and Eastern Electrics in her stride, Amaliah's next festival appearance comes this weekend at London all-dayer Waterworks on Gunnersbury park.
In her hour-long mix for Pirate, The Rinse resident laid down a flavour of what you might expect to hear in West London on Saturday:
"I was trying to emulate the kind of vibe I would play at Waterworks. There’s a nice build up at the start but then it swiftly gets to the high energy tracks I’ve really been enjoying playing out recently. Towards the end I decided to go for a more euphoric vibe and then end on a more housey tip."
Why We Record
Between transitions Amaliah discusses the importance of recording, both to stay familiar with your track library and analyse techniques:
"I like to listen back to my mixes quite regularly. It’s a good way to refresh your memory on what music you have, plus I like to listen and see how I can tighten up mixes or the way I construct a set."
- Small Crab - Yerba Cereal
- John Tejada - Isolate
- Maara - Spiral 2 the Other Side
- Spray - Ratenplan
- Nick León ft. DJ Babatr - Xtasis (Pearson Sound Remix)
- Fio Fa - Dash The Bouncer
- THEOS - Be Mine (ft. Noa Milee)
- DJOKO, Kolter - Wo ist die Caritas
- Call Super - I Love Like Your Men
- Danvers - Burnt
- Fio Fa - Turquoise Kingdom
- Adam Pits - Mineral Mine
- Voodoos & Taboos - Warped Voodoo
- Flabaire - Tribute (ft. Fran H Carter III)