Frequently asked questions
These are some of the common questions we get asked. For more answers, check out our knowledge hub, or try Live Chat.
Can I hire extra equipment?
In the UK you can hire various pieces of equipment for your booking. Some gear is chargeable — we've outlined how to hire and costs below. In the US, DE and IE, our studios come fully equipped.
How to hire extra equipment
- Make a booking (or if part of a band or group, find out the booking details from the account holder)
- Note the location, studio number, date and time of your booking
- Fill out the form here
- If your item is chargeable, we'll automatically charge the card used to make the booking
- We'll text you/the account holder with confirmation of the hire and the codes to access the Spares cupboard
- If the item is unavailable, we'll let you know via text and let you know when it's next available
- Once you've finished your session, simply use the same codes to return the item to the Spares cupboard
Cymbals — £5 per booking (no time limit)
Cymbal stands, keyboards and stands, mics and stands (not condenser mics), music stands, headphones (but we do suggest you bring your own).
All items are subject to availability. Fill out the form if you're ready to hire.
Do you have parking?
All of our sites have free car parks OR on-street parking available. Spaces are sometimes limited, so please unload your gear and then park around the corner so other Pirates can have access to the front of the studios.
PARKING RESTRICTIONS ⚠️
The following studios have restrictions in place. Parking is free but you will need to register your vehicle before using the studio for each booking (otherwise you may be liable for a fine).
Why has my payment has failed?
There are several reasons why your payment might be failing. As long as you have sufficient funds in your bank account or on your credit card balance, it should all work fine. However, if you spell the address or postcode wrong, this can cause the payment to fail.
- Please ensure the name, address and postcode you enter is identical to your card details
- Your bank may have placed a block on your card for payments to us. Give them a quick call and they can lift it
- Change your payment method
- If it fails again, drop us a quick note via live chat or email the support team
What is verification and how does it work?
Being verified unlocks extra features at Pirate, like Refer-a-Friend credits. You also need to have your identity verified before you book one of our DJ or recording studios, so it’s a worthwhile investment! Don’t worry, the process only takes two minutes.
TIP: Use your mobile, it's easier to get a clear shot of your face/document.
I'm having trouble with a code or lock — help?
Slow and gentle! Our locks can be a little sensitive so put your code in slowly and as detailed on your booking — such as * 1 2 3 4 5 6. Don't forget the star!
You might be sent a four-digit code as a replacement for the booking, such as 1 2 3 4. As above, press slowly and in this case, with no star, *.
If you're having trouble with the lock or code, please contact us and we'll help get you in as soon as possible.
How do I book OpenLIVE?
Where recording is available, you will see the OpenLIVE logo on the studio image on the booking calendar. When you select Book room, you will be prompted to add OpenLIVE to the session. Once you click Yes, OpenLIVE will be added to the session.
Once you exit the payment process, you’ll receive emails confirming your scheduled recording from OpenLIVE. If you don’t receive your confirmation, please drop us a note via live chat or email and we'll check for you.
Where do I find my OpenLIVE recordings?
Once your practice is complete, you'll get a notification from OpenLIVE when the session is ready to hear on the OpenLIVE dashboard. This may take up to an hour or more depending on the length of the recording.
If you've not yet received your OpenLIVE log in details, please check your spam folders or email the OpenLive team.
Live Chat for quick support
You'll find us in cities across the UK, US, Germany and Ireland, with more studios opening soon.