Inside Your Gowanus DJ Studio
Stop winding up your neighbours, find your own professional DJ studio in South Brooklyn to record a mix, back-to-back or just rehearse. Choose from 10 private DJ rooms in Gowanus, near Barclays Center arena and 4th Avenue.
Learning to DJ or messing around with friends? Book a cheaper Standard DJ practice room.
Professional DJ? Book Pro.
DJ Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Pirate DJ Studios
Our standard two-deck DJ studios are approximately 65 square feet, and our Pro three-deck DJ studios are approximately 130 square feet. Both can hold up to a maximum of five people (including the lead booker) per session.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Brooklyn studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Gowanus there are 35 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, recording, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-serve using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Bike room
Industry in more ways than one
Gowanus' charm lies in its authentic blend of old-school tradition and new enterprise. Classic rowhouses and converted warehouses provide residency for many of the area's young families, thriving startups, and must-go-to hotspots. Showcasing the inestimable power of a walkable neighborhood, here are our favorite haunts all within a stone's throw of the studios:
- For lunch, why not pop over to The Sideboard for affordable, carefully assembled sandwiches and an assortment of grab-and-go snacks and beverages.
- Your caffeine fix is waiting for you at Four & Twenty Blackbirds which is also known for its decadent pie offerings. Yep. Pie.
- Halyards is an unassuming, lovely corner bar with craft beers, cocktails, and small bites.
- We love our next-door neighbors at The Bell House where you’ll discover weekly live music events, comedy nights, eats, drinks, and a guaranteed good time.
- Need some creative stimulation? Ortega y Gasset Projects is a wonderfully-curated exhibition space that is sure to inspire before heading back into the studios.
- Decks - 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000 NXS2
- Mixer - Pioneer DJM-900 NXS2
- Speakers - 2x Pioneer XPRS 10
- Extras - Custom lighting and temperature control
The studio address is 156, 6th St, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA. Get directions via Google Maps.
Gowanus' main entrance and ground floor studios / amenities are WC accessible from the sidewalk of 156 6th St. The only studios that are WC inaccessible are the podcast studios on the first floor.
Driving? Whilst the site itself doesn't have any parking available, there are plenty of options on 6th and in the surrounding area.
Cycling? Store your ride in our dedicated bike room.
Local subway trains D, N, R, W and F service the area regularly.
From the Community
"I’ve met up with so many DJ friends at Pirate for little B2B sessions and also ended up in a bunch of impromptu sessions"
Saint Ludo — DJ Mag
"I love Pirate and everything they do to support new artists!"
"What Pirate is doing for bands at the grassroots level, it's absolutely fantastic!"
"DJs and producers - Pirate Studios is a game changer."
"Pirate provides affordable access to the same kit they can expect in most booths around the world"
"Through Pirate I got a chance to practice privately and at my own pace."
Saint Ludo — DJ Mag