Drum Practice Room Equipment
Depending on the location and studio you choose, you’ll have a Pearl Export Drum kit or a Natal Arcadia 5 piece drum kit, plus hardware and foot pedal. Our rehearsal studios also feature air-conditioning and adjustable lighting.
Here’s a full list of equipment available in the drum recording studios:
- Guitar Amps: Ashdown/Fender/Orange/Marshall Guitar Amps and Cabs
- Bass Amps: Ashdown/Fender Bass Amps and Cabs
- Drums: Natal Arcadia or Pearl Export five-piece drum kit (please bring your own drumsticks)
- Microphones: Stagg SDM50 vocal microphones and stands
- PA: Pioneer XPRS PA speakers
- Mixer: Alto 1202 12 channel mixer or Proel MQ12USB mixer
20% Discount for Drum Rehearsal Rooms
We know you value space more than any other musician, that's why we're offering an exclusive solo discount for drummers to get into our drum practice studios. Use the code PERCUSSION for 20% off your next booking. (Get help entering your code.)
Valid for bookings in GBP (£) only, expires 31/12/2021, 23:59.
Good to know ahead of your drum practice session
Unsure what you need to prepare ahead of your Pirate visit? Take a look at the bullet point checklist below to ensure you have everything you need for a great session:
- You’ll need to bring your own drumsticks.
- All of our drum kits include stands, kick drum, kick pedal and a snare drum. Please note our Classic and Premium studios do not come equipped with Cymbals, therefore you will need to bring your own or hire them separately.
- Need extra cymbal stands? You can book them in advance.
- The drum studios are self-service. Whilst you won’t find any staff at your chosen location to assist you in person, our Customer Support team is on hand to help you should you have any problems. You can contact them via phone, email or live chat any time of day — simply tap the orange diamond in the corner of your device.
Anything not covered? Check out the drum rehearsal studio information section in our support knowledge hub.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studios and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. We offer 24/7 access to self-service drum studios, so you can rehearse at your own pace. Kitted with professional drum kits, customisable mood lighting and temperature control, access to spare equipment and round-the-clock customer support, our acoustically-treated rehearsal rooms provide the optimum environment for solo drummers.
- Escape your surroundings and the ears of your neighbours
- Practice in the privacy of your own studio
- Turn up and play, our studios are ready to go
- Available 24/7, 365 days of the year
TUTORIAL #1: How To Hold Your Drumsticks
Just starting out and looking for some drum studio practice inspiration? Jaleesa Gemerts (Lady Groove) is a music producer, drum instructor and performer who earned her stripes recording with the likes of George Ezra. She’s also a regular in the Pirate drum studios where she rehearses and teaches drum lessons.
In this latest blog piece, she breaks down the art of drumstick holding and solo drumming best practices for beginners. Take a look for tips on how to choose the best drumsticks, how best to hit the drums, how to find the fulcrum, and how to hold drumsticks correctly using French Grip, German Grip, American Grip and Traditional Grip.
TUTORIAL #2: 5 Essential Drum Rudiments for Beginners
Our resident drums guru Lady Groove has been on a roll with the content recently, helping Pirate drummers of all skill levels to make the most of their drum practice sessions. Here she breaks down the five essential drum rudiments — single stroke, double stroke, paradiddle, three stroke and flam — in this video tutorial for beginners.
Pirate community: drummers wanted
Connect, share, and collaborate with like-minded artists from the Pirate community. There’s plenty to get stuck into online, and it’s all aimed at helping you to keep your creative energy flowing:
- Welcome: Your first port of call. Find out how to share your tracks, create a profile and connect with other Pirate community members.
- Collaborate: Find someone to contribute to your next project or offer to collaborate with someone new.
- Feedback Room: A place for you to share your work in progress tracks and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Show the world what you've got. Win gear, studio time, mentoring and much more...
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Production and recording: Production discussion for beginners and experts alike. Learn how to create great sounding drum sounds with close mics, plus software plugin advice. Whether you're just getting started or release ready, this is the place to discuss production.
Ready to join? Sign up to the Pirate community here.
What our fans say
"Being a massively out of practice solo drummer, I've been looking for a practice room for ages but didn't want to pay £30-40 for a whole room of equipment. Finding yours for £14 was awesome. Great website and comms for a first timer, from emails to text messages with the door codes. Great easy service, thanks!"
Josh White — London
Need help with your drum studio rental?
Find your nearest drum rehearsal room
Bergholzstraße 1 - 4 Gate 3 12099, Berlin
Unit 2, 77 Upper Trinity Street, Digbeth, Birmingham B9 4EG
Industrial Estate, 339 Thornton Road, Bradford, BD8 9ER
10 St Josephs Close, Brighton and Hove, BN3 7ES
100 Lincoln St, Bristol, City of Bristol, BS5 0BJ
Cardiff CF10 5DX
Unit 3, Neptune Business Park, Cheltenham, GL51 9FB
Unit 69, Moyle Road, Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin, Dublin 11
42-56 Tottenham Road, London, N1 4BZ
Unit 9C, South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9EB
Units 2-4, Century Business Park, Glasgow, G41 1AA
Unit 6-7, Kirkstall Industrial Estate, Leeds, LS4 2AZ
Cumberland House, Cumberland St., Leicester, LE1 4QS
10 Regent Road, Liverpool, L3 7BX
278 Abbeydale Road, Wembley, London, HA0 1TW
15 Bessemer Road, Norwich, NR4 6DQ
186 Ilkeston Road, Nottingham, NG7 3HF
28 Stonehouse St, Plymouth, PL1 3NZ
Unit 7, Suttons Business Park, Suttons Park Avenue, Reading, RG6 1AZ
Unit 12, Fieldhouse Way, Sheffield, S4 7SF
Unit 2, 22 Bugsby's Way, Greenwich, London, SE7 7SJ
Unit 8 Block B, 15 Whitestone Way, New South Quarter, Croydon CR0 4WF
17 Lydden Road, Earlsfield, London, SW18 4LT
58 Bard Road, Notting Hill, London, W10 6TP
Frequently asked questions
Here are some answers to common questions about our rehearsal studios. Something else on your mind? Visit our support hub or reach out via Live Chat.
What if something breaks or I need a spare?
Spares in every location! We carry lots of spares in our sites, just in case you need any further equipment or something has a fault. You'll also find lots of spare cables and mics in our rehearsal studios if needed.
Something missing from the room or you need an item from the Spares cupboard? Hit us up on Live Chat via the website. We will be more than happy to help.
How do I book a session?
Our live booking calendar shows the latest availability of studios. You can book anywhere from a year in advance right up until a few minutes beforehand. Some studios are popular, so we recommend securing your slot in advance.
TIP: Book enough time to set-up and get comfortable with the gear, and set-up/pack-down anything you’ve brought along.
How do I book OpenLIVE?
Where recording is available, you will see the OpenLIVE logo on the studio image on the booking calendar. When you select Book room, you will be prompted to add OpenLIVE to the session. Once you click Yes, OpenLIVE will be added to the session.
Once you exit the payment process, you’ll receive emails confirming your scheduled recording from OpenLIVE. If you don’t receive your confirmation, please drop us a note via live chat or email and we'll check for you.
What do I need to bring to my rehearsal session?
On top of the equipment listed on the booking page, we provide XLR (mic) and jack (instrument) cables where possible and carry plenty of spares on site.
We do not provide AUX cables to connect your phone although we do tend to keep some in spares in case you need to borrow one!
All of our drum kits include stands, kick pedal and a snare. Please note, in the UK our Classic and Premium studios do not come equipped with Cymbals, therefore you will need to bring your own or hire them separately. You will need to bring your own sticks.