Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Recording — production (writing)
Writing studios for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
Recording — production w/ vocal booth
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. Our acoustically-treated recording studios are a private environment to create, write and produce music, offering professional equipment and flexible day rates. For anyone with an interest in music production, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist South West studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Bristol there are 19 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ studios, recording studios, rehearsal studios, podcast studios and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
When trying to imagine the Bristol sound, names like Massive Attack, Portishead, Roni Size and Tricky come to mind. While there is still a deep relationship between the city and DnB today, new artists are carving their own path.
We're seeing exciting visual and experimental acts like Scalping, Lazarus Kane, Pet Shimmers, Yama Warashi and Tara Clerkin. Similarly, talented producers are emerging — playing live percussion and looping, such as Giant Swan, Sunun and Franco Franco. It's an electrifying time to be part of the Bristol scene.
Want to experience it for yourself? Gig venues in Bristol include:
- Motion. Hidden behind Bristol Temple Meads station, you'll find a variety of dance acts.
- Thekla. If you've ever wanted to dance on a cargo ship, it has a great range of gigs and club nights.
- Crofters Rights. Located on Stokes Croft, there's a great spot at the front serving Craft beer, and venue out the back, catering to all tastes from rock to dubstep.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
Driving? There is a limited amount of free parking at the front of the building. Parking also available in the council car park off Ducie Road.
If you're coming by public transport, the nearest station is Lawrence Hill. Buses include the 6, 7, 35, 37, 42, 43, 44 and 45.
From the Community
"I love Pirate and everything they do to support new artists!"