Chicago Recording studios
24/7 Chicago recording studios for music production and vocal capture. Self-serve music studios in Chicago — coming soon.
Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our custom-designed Chicago rehearsal spaces are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice, mix, and dance with no distractions.
There are 28 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios for vocal capture and music production in Chicago
- Plug and play podcast recording studios in Chicago for easy recording
- Multipurpose dance studios for classes and private performance
Book and pay for an hourly rehearsal using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, recording, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-serve using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
Enjoy industry-standard equipment at affordable prices at our Chicago studios
On the rise in the Windy City
Chicago, it's a pleasure to be here. Our newest artist hub for casual and professional creatives is coming soon — we can't wait for you to get started in the studios.
For now, let's take a look at some of our favorite local hangouts:
- Smartbar is a legendary venue revered by the international dance music community. If you're making one stop-off on a night out, make sure you pay a visit.
- For record collecting enthusiasts, Gramaphone stocks a wide selection of Chi-town classics and contemporary house/techno.
- Evanston Space's outdoor events and livestreams play host to acoustic solo artists and group acts across the spectrum of indie, jazz, and soul.
- There's no shortage of option in the world of theatre and the performing arts here, though nothing matches the Auditorium Theatre for scale and spectacle.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR