Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our custom-designed Hamburg studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Bahrenfeld there are 34 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Land of Der Dino
Europe's third-largest port, the second-largest city in Germany, and Hamburg's premier location for both performing arts and its longstanding football club. But ask any Hanseat what makes up the fabric of Bahrenfeld and you'll be given an infinite array of answers — such is the neighbourhood's universal appeal.
What do we think? Here are the spots we can't get enough of in the local area:
- Froindlichst: living proof that plant power is revolutionising the way we eat. Grab a 'Schicken' Burger to go and never look back.
- DRILLING: Go for the exquisite interior, stay for the größten pastries you'll probably ever see.
- Altonaer Volkspark: charming, stroll-friendly outdoor space perfect for breathers in between rehearsals.
Know a spot worth shouting about? We'd love to hear it, drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condensor
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61
- Headphones - Beyerdynamic DT770
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The Hamburg Bahrenfeld studios are WC-accessible via the ramp on the right-hand side of the main entrance on Griegstraße.
Driving? We have 14 spaces in total — 5 are directly in front of the building, and 9 extend out towards the corner of our building next to the offices opposite. Look out for the Pirate signs on the wall and ground.
Cycling? We have dedicated cycle storage, next to the parking spaces and around the entire building facade.
There are plenty of public transport services available, with the fully-accessible Bahrenfeld S-Bahn running routes S1 and S11 regularly, and buses 621, 37 and 283 stopping nearby.
From the Community
"DJs and producers - Pirate Studios is a game changer."