Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist East Midlands studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Leicester there are 15 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- Free car-parking (registry required)
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
Ay up duck
Leicester's lineage as a hotspot for many of the world's preeminent blues, rock and pop musicians in the 60s lives on through its exemplary array of independent record stores. Mighty Leicester boasts Britain’s first mainland radio station – BBC Radio Leicester – which first broadcast in 1967. Nowadays, you are just likely to hear local grime don and Pirate mainstay Jafro on the airwaves as you are to catch a chisit waxing lyrical about that 2015-2016 title-winning season.
Here are a few of our favourite spots that are within walking distance from your Cumberland St. studios:
- Out Of Joint Records: Leftfield dance music specialist with undoubtedly the cutest office mascot in the area
- Beat Route: second-hand prog, psych, pop mecca with an immaculately well-kept selection
- Jazz House Records: lose yourself for hours in this haven for classic and contemporary jazz
Know somewhere worth shouting about in Leicester? Tell the world, drop us a line with your suggestion: email@example.com
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condensor
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61
- Headphones - Beyerdynamic DT770
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is Cumberland House, Cumberland St., Leicester, LE1 4QS.
If you're driving, free parking is available — however, you must register your vehicle details via the link in the booking confirmation email.
If you're coming by public transport, the Hay Market bus station is a ten-minute walk away.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.
From the Community
"DJs and producers - Pirate Studios is a game changer."