Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Recording — production (writing)
Writing studios for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
Recording — production w/ vocal booth
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. Our acoustically-treated recording studios are a private environment to create, write and produce music, offering professional equipment and flexible day rates. For anyone with an interest in music production, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist East Midlands studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Leicester there are 14 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ and Pro DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, recording, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round-the-clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- Limited car-parking: three spaces outside the entrance to the studios, plus pay and display spaces at the Highcross John Lewis car park
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
Stay creative with COMMUNITY
Set up by artists, for artists, COMMUNITY is the home for Pirate creatives worldwide.
Ask for advice and feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, enter competitions, share the best-kept secret in your area… or simply connect with like-minded people. It’s all possible here.
- Collaborate: Seek out a collaborator to help you ace your next project, or offer your skills to another artist or act.
- Feedback room: A place for you to share your works in progress, receive advice, and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world your talent. Win gear, studio credit, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
Ay up duck
Leicester's lineage as a hotspot for many of the world's preeminent blues, rock and pop musicians in the 60s lives on through its exemplary array of independent record stores. Mighty Leicester boasts Britain’s first mainland radio station – BBC Radio Leicester – which first broadcast in 1967. Nowadays, you are just likely to hear local grime don and Pirate mainstay Jafro on the airwaves as you are to catch a chisit waxing lyrical about that 2015-2016 title-winning season.
Here are a few of our favourite spots that are within walking distance from your Cumberland St. studios:
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is Cumberland House, Cumberland St., Leicester, LE1 4QS.
If you're driving, free parking is available. We have three spaces outside the entrance to the studios, and there are pay and display spaces at the Highcross John Lewis car park.
Please note: the Cumberland Street car park is now run by another company and no longer available to Pirate customers. Please avoid parking here, or risk receiving a parking fine beyond our control.
If you're coming by public transport, the Hay Market bus station is a ten-minute walk away.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.
From the Community
"I love Pirate and everything they do to support new artists!"