Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Recording — production (writing)
Writing studios for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
Recording — production w/ vocal booth
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. Our acoustically-treated recording studios are a private environment to create, write and produce music, offering professional equipment and flexible day rates. For anyone with an interest in music production, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Berkshire studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Reading there are ten spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ and Pro DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studio for vocal capture and music production
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, recording, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round-the-clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Your COMMUNITY awaits
From casual beginners to touring professionals, COMMUNITY is the home for Pirate creatives worldwide.
Ask for advice and feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, enter competitions, share the best-kept secret in your area… or simply connect with like-minded people. It all happens here.
- Collaborate: Seek out a collaborator to contribute to your next project, or offer your skills to someone in need.
- Feedback room: Share your works in progress, receive advice, and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world your talent. Win gear, studio credit, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand more about the wider industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners & so much more.
Fest, and best of the rest
Home to one of the largest and longest-running festivals on the UK circuit, Reading Festival started life as The National Jazz and Blues festival in the early 1960s. In this day and age, by performance, we reckon these hallowed stages have seen almost every rock and roll legend in history. Some legacy.
Away from this riotous annual weekender, the local area surrounding Pirate Studios Reading offers plenty around the banks of the Thames Valley and River Kennet. The Jolly Anglers is the local's choice watering hole; follow the Thames Path towards Reading Bridge and work up an appetite for brunch at Whittingtons Tea Barge — one of the cosiest snack spots we have ever had the pleasure of visiting.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is Unit 7, Suttons Business Park, Suttons Park Avenue, Reading, RG6 1AZ.
Driving? There are four car parking spaces opposite the studio.
If you're coming by public transport, buses stop nearby on London Road.
From the Community
"I love Pirate and everything they do to support new artists!"