Rehearsal Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Pirate rehearsal studios
High-quality equipment. Acoustically-treated studios. The music rehearsal studios are your space to get creative. All of our rehearsal studios are fully kitted, with a variety of room types to suit your needs:
- Practicing drums solo? Rehearsal Standard studios fit up to four people comfortably.
- Vocals with a backing band? Rehearsal Pro studios are perfect for five.
- Fine-tuning your ensemble performance? A Rehearsal Showcase studio fits six easily.
Inside, you’ll find the very best equipment from Marshall, Boss, Ashdown and more in all of our music practice rooms. Just starting out? An experienced pro? You’ll be set up for a great rehearsal every time.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Brooklyn studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Gowanus there are 35 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, recording, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-serve using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Bike room
Industry in more ways than one
Gowanus' charm lies in its authentic blend of old-school tradition and new enterprise. Classic rowhouses and converted warehouses provide residency for many of the area's young families, thriving startups, and must-go-to hotspots. Showcasing the inestimable power of a walkable neighborhood, here are our favorite haunts all within a stone's throw of the studios:
- For lunch, why not pop over to The Sideboard for affordable, carefully assembled sandwiches and an assortment of grab-and-go snacks and beverages.
- Your caffeine fix is waiting for you at Four & Twenty Blackbirds which is also known for its decadent pie offerings. Yep. Pie.
- Halyards is an unassuming, lovely corner bar with craft beers, cocktails, and small bites.
- We love our next-door neighbors at The Bell House where you’ll discover weekly live music events, comedy nights, eats, drinks, and a guaranteed good time.
- Need some creative stimulation? Ortega y Gasset Projects is a wonderfully-curated exhibition space that is sure to inspire before heading back into the studios.
- Amps - Marshall MG100HCFX 120w Guitar Head, Marshall 1960A 4x12 300w Guitar Cab
- Amps - Boss Katana Guitar Head, Marshall MX412A 4x12 240w Guitar Cab
- Bass Amps - Ashdown/Fender Bass Amps and Cabs
- Drums - Natal Arcadia or Pearl Export five-piece drum kit (please bring your own drumsticks)
- Microphones - Stagg SDM50 vocal microphones and stands
- PA - Pioneer XPRS PA speakers
- Mixer - Alto 1202 12 channel mixer or Proel MQ12USB mixer
what3words location: ///really.mimic.shall
The studio address is 156, 6th St, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA.
Gowanus' main entrance and ground floor studios / amenities are WC accessible from the sidewalk of 156 6th St. The only studios that are WC inaccessible are the podcast studios on the first floor.
Driving? Whilst the site itself doesn't have any parking available, there are plenty of options on 6th and in the surrounding area.
Cycling? Store your ride in our dedicated bike room.
Local subway trains D, N, R, W and F service the area regularly.