Inside your dance studios
These brand-new studios have been designed to cater to the diverse needs of dance artists and dance companies. A multipurpose space featuring industry-standard Harlequin sprung flooring, freestanding ballet barre, multicoloured mood lighting, a room-length mirror, sound system and more.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. We provide professional, affordable dance spaces and performance opportunities for professionals, casual creatives, and everyone in between. Rehearse in our multipurpose dance studios with Harlequin sprung flooring, room-length mirror, customisable mood lighting and capacity for up to 11 performers. For anyone with an interest in dance and the performing arts, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
Regular bookings and classes
Need more time, and space? Our Leeds, Wembley and Hackney Wick studios are ready and waiting.
- With a block booking, you can secure the perfect place for a group of up to 11 people to rehearse or workshop
- Holding regular classes? We can also secure you a slot weekly (or more often if you need it).
Simply fill out our dance enquiry form with as much information as possible and our team will sort you out. We require a minimum of 30 hours booked to be able to provide a competitive hourly rate.
If you're looking for a shorter hire or a one-off session, please make an account and book using our live calendar.
Your space and equipment
The dance studios are approximately 580 sq. ft in size — accommodating 11 people maximum, including the lead booker. You'll enjoy our custom-designed environment, including:
- Harlequin Standfast and Flexity sprung flooring - Shock absorption panelling with area elasticity for identical end-to-end characteristics and better protection from injury
- Harlequin - Medium freestanding ballet barre
- Mirrors - Room-length mirror, made of seven 4ft x 8ft pieces
- Lighting - Multicoloured mood lighting custom built by Pirate
- High-quality sound system - Denon DN300ZB Digital Media Player. Alto Professional LIVE 802 Mixer. 2x Pioneer XPRS12 speakers . Cables. Mackie volume controller
- Air conditioning - and two 30' wall-mounted frames
From the Community
Frequently asked questions
Here are some answers to common questions about our dance studios. Something else on your mind? Visit our support hub or reach out via Live Chat.
How many people are allowed in the studio?
In our dance studios, 11 people maximum including the lead booker or instructor.
What do I need to know about my dance booking?
- Building and room entry codes will be emailed to the lead booker of the room
- In-room personal belongings storage is available (hangers and pigeon holes)
- No storage is available to leave equipment overnight
- Please, no tap shoes, heels, or outdoor footwear inside the studio
Set up your Pirate.com account
It takes less than two minutes to become a member:
- Visit the account creation page.
- Enter your details in each field. If you have a referral code from another Pirate customer, please enter it at this point.
- Select Join Pirate.com and we’ll send you an SMS to confirm your mobile number. You’ll need to confirm this number before you can use your account.
- Confirmed? You’re ready to book.
What if something breaks or I need a spare?
Spares in every location! We carry lots of spares in our sites, just in case you need any further equipment or something has a fault. You'll also find lots of spare cables and mics in our rehearsal studios if needed.
Something missing from the room or you need an item from the Spares cupboard? Hit us up on Live Chat via the website or on WhatsApp. We will be more than happy to help.
Do you offer discounts on dance block bookings or regular classes?
You can get 20% off your booking total if you book 12 hours or more within a seven day period OR book 10 or more sessions at once.
Simply fill out our dance enquiry form with as much information as possible and our team will sort you out.
Are studio visits available?
Sorry, we are unable to offer studio visits at any of our locations at this moment in time.
If you are interested in checking out a space ahead of a potential session, feel free to book a single off-peak hour. Our hourly rate is kept as low as possible for this purpose, allowing you to check out the studios in person without the pressure of booking a long session.
Alternatively, our 360° virtual tours are a great way to familiarise yourself with a typical Pirate location. Tap or click the locations below to get started:
Your dance studios
Pirate not available in your region? New locations are opening across the globe throughout 2022 and beyond. Keep an eye out on our socials for updates, or pop us a message using the live chatbox on Pirate.com. Let’s chat about how we can bring the next generation of creative studios to your area.