Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Recording — production (writing)
Writing studios for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
Recording — production w/ vocal booth
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. Our acoustically-treated recording studios are a private environment to create, write and produce music, offering professional equipment and flexible day rates. For anyone with an interest in music production, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
Your space to create
Come and go as you please with our self-service studios open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We have four different studio types for you to choose from in Birmingham:
- DJ studios to hone your mix on club-standard equipment
- Rehearsal studios for your band to practice for the next gig
- Production studios to record your next masterpiece
- Podcast studios to start your first or finesse your 40th episode
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. Whether you're a relative beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Birmingham studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix music with no distractions. Book now and let your creativity flow.
What's Pirate all about?
As a member of Pirate, you have round the clock access to our dedicated DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Stay creative with COMMUNITY
Set up by artists, for artists, COMMUNITY is the home for Pirate creatives worldwide.
Ask for advice and feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, enter competitions, share the best-kept secret in your area… or simply connect with like-minded people. It’s all possible here.
- Collaborate: Seek out a collaborator to contribute to your next project, or offer your skills to someone in need.
- Feedback room: A place for you to share your works in progress, receive advice, and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world your talent. Win gear, studio credit, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
Out and about in Brum
The UK's second city, Birmingham, is the hometown of many of the world's ground-breaking musicians, including Duran Duran, Black Sabbath, and UB40. In these more contemporary times, we're looking to Village Bully (band), Trieste (DJ) and Sophie Lou (MC) for inspiration.
Your local studios are snugly situated in the graffitied heart of Birmingham’s Creative Quarter, Digbeth, a stone's throw from the Custard Factory and Eastside Projects, meaning there's always something going on. If you're after some fresh air, the local park — Kingston Hill — is a great place to chill.
Right next door to the studios you'll find Mutt Motorcycle Company — who do a great cup of coffee. Peckish? Digbeth Dining Club has always got a mouth-watering line-up of the world's greatest street food traders. For a round of drinks and 'dough' head to Digbeth Brew Co.
Know somewhere worth shouting about in the area? Head to COMMUNITY and spread the good word.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
If you're driving, free parking is available — for one vehicle per booking — however, you must register your vehicle details via the link in the booking confirmation email.
If you’re coming by public transport the nearest train station is Bordesley. Buses include the 17, 60, 876, 877, 891, X1 Platinum and X2 Platinum.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.
From the Community
"I love Pirate and everything they do to support new artists!"