Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Writing studios for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. Our acoustically-treated recording studios are a private environment to create, write and produce music, offering professional equipment and flexible day rates. For anyone with an interest in music production, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Merseyside studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Liverpool there are 15 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Stay creative with COMMUNITY
Set up by artists, for artists, COMMUNITY is the home for Pirate creatives worldwide.
Ask for advice and feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, enter competitions, share the best-kept secret in your area… or simply connect with like-minded people. It’s all possible here.
- Collaborate: Seek out a collaborator to contribute to your next project, or offer your skills to someone in need.
- Feedback Room: Share your works in progress or completed tunes, receive advice, and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world your talent. Win gear, studio credit, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
'Iya and 'iya
What's left to say about the city's musical heritage that hasn't already been said? The birthplace of The Beatles, Echo & The Bunnymen, Frankie Goes to Hollywood and umpteen more attracts culture aficionados from far and wide, to landmarks such as the Museum of Popular Music and Mathew Street, since time immemorial.
For the alternatively inquisitive, there's plenty more off the beaten path to explore:
The docks: a whole range of independent reclaimed furniture and clothing shops hidden away make for one of the area's best-kept secrets
Ten Street Market: Just around the corner from us, this hipster haven serves food, drink and flea market curios throughout the week
Dig Vinyl: Bold St. store with an intimidatingly-large selection of indie and niche records for the brave wax enthusiast
Know somewhere worth shouting about in the area? Head to COMMUNITY and spread the good word.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is 10 Regent Road, Liverpool, L3 7BX.
Driving? There is paid on-street parking available.
If you're coming by public transport, buses stop on both Regent Road and Great Howard Street.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.
From the Community
"Pirate studios are great for flexibility of the pricing, times and duration of the session and the variety of choice when it comes to the space you require. I have been using them for solo and band practice sessions and never experienced any problems. The equipment though could have a bit more attention in terms of maintenance - I am refering to drum equipment first of all - but the support is very responsive and fast in solving any issues if there are any. Will definitely recommend them and continue using their service myself."