Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Recording — production (writing)
Writing studios for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
Recording — production w/ vocal booth
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. Our acoustically-treated recording studios are a private environment to create, write and produce music, offering professional equipment and flexible day rates. For anyone with an interest in music production, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist South London studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Croydon there are 20 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What's Pirate saying?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Stay creative with COMMUNITY
Built by artists, for artists, COMMUNITY is the home for Pirate creatives worldwide.
Ask for advice and feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, enter competitions, share the best-kept secret in your area… or simply connect with like-minded people. It’s all possible here.
- Collaborate: Seek out a collaborator to contribute to your next project, or offer your skills to someone in need.
- Feedback room: A place for you to share your works in progress, receive advice, and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Show the world what you are made of. Win equipment, studio credit, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
Midnight request line
Soon to be the London Borough of Culture, Croydon is shaking off its reputation and quickly becoming a vibrant hub of creativity in South London.
If you're a crate digger, Croydon is home to DnR Vinyl. This record store is probably the UK's leading UK garage stockist (along with grime, dubstep and bassline), with thousands of classic tracks in stock as well as new music regularly finding its way onto shelves. For a night out, Phase Croydon is a great new club and arts space.
When it comes to food, you can't go far wrong with a trip to Croydon Boxpark and the surrounding East Croydon area for casual or quick dining. "Fat Boys" Cafe is one of the famous local spots with the "Blow Out" breakfast challenge — finish it and get your money back! For something a little more formal, South Croydon's restaurant stretch has some great options.
When you're ready to come out of the studio, Croydon has a vast range of parks and green spaces. Beddington Park, with its cafe, historic church and river running through it is locals' top pick or try Waddon Ponds.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studios are a 20-minute walk from the closest station, West Croydon — a 55-minute tube journey from Oxford Circus.
Driving? There is limited off-street parking available — four spaces.
If you're coming by public transport, the nearest station is Wandle Park (tram). Buses stop nearby on Purley Way. For more information visit tfl.gov.uk
From the Community
"I love Pirate and everything they do to support new artists!"