Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Writing studios for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. Our acoustically-treated recording studios are a private environment to create, write and produce music, offering professional equipment and flexible day rates. For anyone with an interest in music production, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist South East London studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Greenwich there are 21 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ and Pro DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, recording rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round-the-clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- Free car-parking
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
Stay creative with COMMUNITY
By artists, for artists, COMMUNITY is the home for Pirates worldwide.
Ask for advice and feedback on your music, find someone to collaborate with, enter competitions, share a local treasure in your area… or simply connect with like-minded people.
- Collaborate: Seek out a collaborator to contribute to your next project, or offer your skills to someone in need.
- Feedback room: A place for you to share your works in progress, receive advice, and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world your talent. Win gear, studio credit, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
The studios are located near the Greenwich Shopping Park off Bugsby's Way in Charlton. If you're feeling peckish, there are plenty of options from nearby supermarkets (Sainsbury's, ASDA, Aldi, M&S) and cafes. There are new stores and options opening in the area all the time.
Hitting a creative block? Why not pop outside and take a walk along the nearby river path towards the iconic O2 arena. With several pubs, cafes and even a reclaimed Thames-side dockland park en route, you're bound to ignite some ideas ahead of your next studio session.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
Driving? Once you reach the entrance, turn left off Bugsby's Way into the estate. Approach the blue gates, and enter the gate code (sent in your booking confirmation email). Drive straight on and turn right after the Access Storage building. Pirate Studios is straight ahead. We have parking in front of the studio.
If you're coming by public transport, the studios are a 10-minute walk from the closest station, Greenwich — a 40-minute train journey from Oxford Circus. Local buses include the 472 and 486. For more information visit tfl.gov.uk
From the Community
"I love Pirate and everything they do to support new artists!"