Recording Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist South Yorkshire studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Sheffield there are 13 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
South Yorkshire's finest
When it comes to culture and the arts, the cup overfloweth in the Steel City of Sheffield:
- Coffee lovers will enjoy Tamper, a Kiwi-inspired indie cafe, and Steam Yard Coffee Co. If you're after something tasty, one of Moor Market's 80 artisan food stalls is sure to tick all the boxes.
- For big gigs, check out the O2 Assembly (formerly the iconic Roxy Nightclub) or the Sheffield City Hall. For an intimate live music experience, the Backroom at The Greystones — the flagship pub for Thornbridge Brewery — is a winner.
- For other cultural treats, check out the Crucible or Lyceum Theatres for stage shows; stroll the Sheffield Street Art Trail; or book a ticket for Doc/Fest, one of the world's best documentary film festivals, taking place every June.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR