Hey. Hola. Hallo. 안녕!
What’s good, LA? Your brand-new studios in Silver Lake and West Adams are almost ready to roll — we couldn’t be more excited for launch.
To celebrate our first foray into The Golden State, we’re allowing you to book completely free between 25 September - 26 October for West Adams (offer ends 15 October), with Silver Lake free between 16 October - 16 November (offer ends 5 November)
What is Pirate Studios?
Pirate Studios is a creative studio network founded to open doors for artists. We provide affordable, self-service rehearsal, DJ, recording and podcast studios.
What’s more, we also offer performance opportunities, competitions and community support for professionals, producers and engineers, casual creatives, and everyone in between.
Let your creativity flow, book using our live calendar and pay by the hour. Come and go as you please with self-service studios. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Let's open DAWs together
Audiophile setup. Custom soundproofing. For tuning up, mixing down, solo, squad, vocals, collabs... your self-service recording studios are primed for all purposes.
- Industry-standard Yamaha, KRK, Focusrite gear provided free
- Custom sound isolation means no distractions
- 24/7 availability working around your daily routine
How your Los Angeles recording studios work
- Find your nearest LA location
- Select your preferred studio
- Pay securely
- Get sent your access codes
Then you’re ready to create. Your flow, your rules.
LA on the buttons
From hardware hero Egyptian Lover and MPC maestro Madlib to modern-day super producers like Beck and will.i.am, LA’s recording pedigree is the stuff of legend.
The popularity of latinx, psych and many more remains concrete proof that any musician can make waves this side of the Pacific.
If you’re looking for some inspiration ahead of your studio session, here are a few of our favorite local hangouts:
- Los Angeles Recording School: audio engineering and digital music production par excellence
- 1500 Sound Academy: founded by grammy-winning Hip-Hop producers James Fauntleroy and Larrance “Rance” Dopson
- Fat Beats: a paradise for hip-hop junkies founded in ‘94
- Writer’s Block: weekly industry songwriter showcase at The Hotel Cafe
- School Night: popular showcase curated by KCRW’s Chris Douridas
- Breaking Sound: only the finest local acts under the spotlight
Protecting your health and safety during COVID-19
Rest assured, we are working around the clock to ensure that your LA studios can be enjoyed safely and securely. This includes:
- Regular cleaning sweeps
- Studio reset cleans between bookings
- Social distancing markers throughout
- Hand sanitizer and masks available