Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Los Angeles studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In West Adams there are 26 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Production studios to write songs or record vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- Free car-parking
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
Los Angeles on the buttons
From hardware hero Egyptian Lover and MPC maestro, Madlib to modern-day super producers like Beck and will.i.am, LA’s recording pedigree is the stuff of legend.
If you’re looking for some inspiration ahead of your studio session, here are a few of our favorite local hangouts:
- Los Angeles Recording School: audio engineering and digital music production par excellence
- 1500 Sound Academy: founded by grammy-winning Hip-Hop producers James Fauntleroy and Larrance “Rance” Dopson
- Fat Beats: a paradise for hip-hop junkies founded in ‘94
- Music Plaza: For K-pop fans in the heart of Koreatown
Frequently asked questions
The West Adams edition of our FAQs has the top things you need to know about your session. Need more help? Hit up our support team via Live Chat or visit the knowledge hub.
Set up your Pirate.com account
It takes less than two minutes to become a member:
- Visit the account creation page.
- Enter your details in each field. If you have a referral code from another Pirate customer, please enter it at this point.
- Select Join Pirate Studios and we’ll send you an SMS to confirm your mobile number. You’ll need to confirm this number before you can use your account.
- Confirmed? You’re ready to book.
How do I book a session?
Our live booking calendar shows the latest availability of studios. You can book anywhere from a year in advance right up until a few minutes beforehand. Some studios are popular, so we recommend securing your slot in advance.
TIP: Book enough time to set-up and get comfortable with the gear, and set-up/pack-down anything you’ve brought along.
What is verification and how does it work?
Being verified unlocks extra features at Pirate, like Refer-a-Friend credits. You also need to have your identity verified before you book one of our DJ or recording studios, so it’s a worthwhile investment! Don’t worry, the process only takes two minutes.
TIP: Use your mobile, it's easier to get a clear shot of your face/document.
Getting here and access
The main door access is via the parking lot.
Driving? The parking lot is accessed from the lane off of Vineyard Ave. As you turn into Vineyard, it's the first right after about 30 yards.
The studios are next to Expo/La Brea and the Farmdale Metro E line stops. Local buses include the 38. For more details visit metro.net
There are easy links to the University of Southern California, only 10 minutes from Pirate's West Adams studios.
I have an issue with my code!
What if something breaks or I need a spare?
Spares in every location! We carry lots of spares in our sites, just in case you need any further equipment or something has a fault. You'll also find lots of spare cables and mics in our rehearsal studios if needed.
Something missing from the room or you need an item from the Spares cupboard? Hit us up on Live Chat via the website. We will be more than happy to help.
Learn more about our West Adams studios
Audiophile production studios installed with the latest kit from KRK, Yamaha, SE Electronics and more.
What our fans think