Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Recording — production (writing)
A writing space for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
Recording — production w/ vocal booth
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. Our acoustically-treated recording studios are a private environment to create, write and produce music, offering professional equipment and flexible day rates. For anyone with an interest in music production, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
From the Community
"I’ve met up with so many DJ friends at Pirate for little B2B sessions and also ended up in a bunch of impromptu sessions"
— Saint Ludo, DJ Mag
Frequently asked questions
Here are some answers to common questions about our recording (production) studios. Something else on your mind? Visit our support hub or reach out via Live Chat.
How much does a recording studio cost?
How many people can use a recording studio at once?
Five people maximum, including the lead booker, per session, for all recording (production) studios across the UK, EU and US.
What if something breaks or I need a spare?
Spares in every location! We carry lots of spares in our sites, just in case you need any further equipment or something has a fault. You'll also find lots of spare cables and mics in our rehearsal studios if needed.
Something missing from the room or you need an item from the Spares cupboard? Hit us up on Live Chat via the website. We will be more than happy to help.
What do I need to prepare for my session?
To make the most of your session there are a few things you'll need to bring and do.
What to bring
- A laptop (essential)
- A USB-C cable to connect your computer to the Focusrite interface (essential)
- The external monitor connects via HDMI or VGA. If you don't have one of these ports on your computer, you'll need to bring an adapter (optional)
- You must download the Focusrite software before your session otherwise you won't be able to connect, and it'll take up valuable time
- Our system is super simple to use, but some experience is useful. Get to know your DAW before your session — Ableton, Logic, Pro Tools.
If you have any further questions our team is always happy to help.
What recording equipment is available?
- Monitors: Pair of KRK V6 S4 or Yamaha HS8 or JBL 8" LSR 3 Series Mk2 Monitors
- Microphone: SE Electronics SE2200II / 2300 Condensor or Aston Spirit Condensor or AKG C214 Condensor
- Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 18i8/ Clarett 4pre / 2pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller: Novation Impulse 61 Keyboard/Midi Controller or M-Audio Oxygen 61
- Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770 or AKG K275 or Pioneer HDJ-X5 Headphones or similar
- Other: External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
Please remember to bring your own laptop, plus a USB C cable (and a hub if required).
Recording studio highlights
Take a closer look at the equipment available in our recording (production) studios.
Your recording studios
Pirate Studios not available in your region? New locations are opening across the globe throughout 2020 and beyond. Keep an eye out on our Twitter for updates, or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s chat about how we can bring the next generation of creative studios to your area.