Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our custom-designed Houston rehearsal spaces will be the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice, mix, and dance with no distractions.
We're planning 43 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios for vocal capture and music production in Houston
- Multipurpose dance studios for classes and private performance
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, recording, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-serve using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
Enjoy industry-standard equipment at affordable prices at our Houston studios
Houston's latest and greatest
We're busy building your new creative spaces — rehearsal, DJ, recording, and dance — that aim to make studio time affordable and accessible to all.
In the mean time, let's take a look at some of our favorite local spots ahead of the studio opening:
- Houston Museum District hosts some of the city's most revered cultural institutions. The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston Museum of African American Culture and
Asia Society Texas Center are all within walking distance.
Space Center Houston is a science museum that serves as the official visitor center of NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston.
- The Miller Outdoor Theatre offers classical music, ballet, musical theater, classic films and plenty more besides within its stunning outdoor seating area.
From the Community
Frequently asked questions
The Houston edition of our FAQs has the top things you will need to know about your session when we open. More questions? Hit up our support team via Live Chat or visit the knowledge hub.
Set up your Pirate.com account
It takes less than two minutes to become a member:
- Visit the account creation page.
- Enter your details in each field. If you have a referral code from another Pirate customer, please enter it at this point.
- Select Join Pirate.com and we’ll send you an SMS to confirm your mobile number. You’ll need to confirm this number before you can use your account.
- Confirmed? You’re ready to book.
How do I book a session?
Our live booking calendar shows the latest availability of studios. You can book anywhere from a year in advance right up until a few minutes beforehand. Some studios are popular, so we recommend securing your slot in advance.
TIP: Book enough time to set-up and get comfortable with the gear, and set-up/pack-down anything you’ve brought along.
What is verification and how does it work?
Being verified unlocks extra features at Pirate, like Refer-a-Friend credits. You also need to have your identity verified before you book one of our DJ or recording studios, so it’s a worthwhile investment! Don’t worry, the process only takes two minutes.
TIP: Use your mobile, it's easier to get a clear shot of your face/document.
I have an issue with my certificate code!
Please use WhatsApp, Live Chat, or email us and our support team will help you out. They're on hand 24/7 and will get it sorted.
What if something breaks or I need a spare?
Spares in every location! We carry lots of spares in our sites, just in case you need any further equipment or something has a fault. You'll also find lots of spare cables and mics in our rehearsal studios if needed.
Something missing from the room or you need an item from the Spares cupboard? Hit us up on Live Chat via the website or on WhatsApp. We will be more than happy to help.
Are food and drinks available at the studios?
A handful of locations do have vending machines but we suggest you bring your own food and drinks with you. Most Pirate sites are near local shops for convenience, and several sites have a kettle and microwave. Check out our support hub or the location page for your Pirate studio for further details.
- Self-serve, pay hourly
- Professional equipment
- Spares available
- 24/7 pin code access
- Free WiFi
- Kitchen area
- Common area
- 24/7 customer support
- Climate controlled
- Acoustically-treated rooms
- Rehearsal studios
- DJ studios
- Recording studios
- Dance studios