The New Pioneer CDJ-3000 Has Landed
Since the launch of Pioneer’s CDJ-500 in 1994, each new flagship CDJ model has marked the beginning of a new era for DJs across the globe. Now, Pioneer’s most sophisticated DJ solution ever, the CDJ-3000 has arrived.
CDJ-3000s are available now at Pirate Wembley studio 7, Hackney Pro DJ studios, and Dalston Pro DJ studios, with a nationwide rollout across all Pro DJ rooms coming in early 2021.
If you're familiar with Pioneer's industry-standard CDJ-2000NXS2, you could be forgiven for thinking it had every function you could ever want or need in a player. However, this new generation of CDJs marks another leap forward for the leading DJ hardware brand.
To help you get the most out of Pioneer's latest model, we've compiled a list of the CDJ-3000's key new features:
- Micro-Processing Unit The CDJ-3000 is Pioneer's first player driven by an in-built micro-processing unit. As well as enabling advanced new features, this allows tracks and Hot Cues to load faster than ever before.
- Enhanced Audio Design Thanks to enhanced audio design, audiences will hear every nuance of your set in richer detail than you'd previously dare to imagine.
- 9-Inch, High-Resolution Touch Screen The CDJ-3000 features a larger and higher resolution screen than the CDJ-2000NXS2. Here, you'll find new shortcuts and controls such as 3Band Waveform, Touch Preview, Stacked Waveform and Touch Cue.
- 8 Hot Cue Buttons The CDJ-3000 has twice as many Hot Cue buttons as the CDJ-2000NXS2, allowing DJs to perform as if it’s a musical instrument.
- Key Sync & Key Shift The new hardware buttons include automatic Key Sync and Key Shift functions to ensure all mixes are harmonic.
- Smoother, Re-Designed Jogwheel The CDJ-3000 boasts Pioneer's smoothest ever jogwheel with 50% less latency than the CDJ-2000NXS2. On top of this, the jogwheel features an LCD screen displaying record artwork in the centre.
See What All The Fuss Is About
Pioneer’s brand-new flagship multi player is now available to buy online and in stores with a price tag of just over £2,000.
However, DJs can also get their hands on the CDJ-3000s by booking a DJ studio session at Pirate.com.
For more information on the CDJ-3000, check out Pirate customer Will Bradbury's review where he shares tips and answers whether the CDJ-3000 better than the CDJ-2000NXS2.