Cheetham — this is your space to record, produce, mix, match, rehearse and jam. Whatever your project, there's a space here to get it done.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Manchester studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Cheetham there are 13 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ studios, recording studios, rehearsal studios, podcast studios and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Join the COMMUNITY
Set up by artists, for artists, COMMUNITY is the home for Pirate creatives worldwide.
Ask for advice and feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, enter competitions, share the best-kept secret in your area… or simply connect with like-minded people. It’s all possible here.
- Collaborate: Need vocals? Looking for someone to go back-to-back with? Head here and find a collaborator to contribute to your next project, or offer your skills to someone in need.
- Feedback room: A place for you to share your works in progress, receive advice, and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world your talent. Win gear, studio credit, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Lear about different processes, how to promote your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
Your Cheetham digs are just five minutes away from Manchester Arena and the city centre. We're right next to the coolest neighbourhood in Manchester, Ancoats, which offers a wide selection of independent food and drink outlets.
Of course, no Mancunian bio is complete without a Smiths reference. Down the road is Manchester's notorious Strangeways Prison, which the Smith's took their 1987 album title from.
From the Community
"Pirate studios are great for flexibility of the pricing, times and duration of the session and the variety of choice when it comes to the space you require. I have been using them for solo and band practice sessions and never experienced any problems. The equipment though could have a bit more attention in terms of maintenance - I am refering to drum equipment first of all - but the support is very responsive and fast in solving any issues if there are any. Will definitely recommend them and continue using their service myself."
Frequently asked questions
The Cheetham edition of our FAQs has the top things you need to know about your session. Need more help? Hit up our support team via Live Chat or visit the knowledge hub.
Getting here and access
I'm a BIMM Institute student, how does this work?
Pirate is proud to have partnered with BIMM Institute to provide studios to BIMM students throughout the UK.
Pirate locations currently offering BIMM bookings are:
- London Earlsfield
- Manchester Cheetham
BIMM students are given a 21-hour weekly allowance to use on Pirate studio bookings. This allowance can be spent anytime from the current week to 2 weeks in advance.
To make a booking, log in with your verified BIMM Pirate account and head to our booking page. From there, select any of the four available sites listed above and find your preferred studio type to proceed.
If you need further assistance with anything BIMM-related, please do reach out using live chat (the speech bubble in the corner of your device on pirate.com).
Set up your Pirate.com account
It takes less than two minutes to become a member:
- Visit the account creation page.
- Enter your details in each field. If you have a referral code from another Pirate customer, please enter it at this point.
- Select Join Pirate.com and we’ll send you an SMS to confirm your mobile number. You’ll need to confirm this number before you can use your account.
- Confirmed? You’re ready to book.
How do I book a session?
Our live booking calendar shows the latest availability of studios. You can book anywhere from a year in advance right up until a few minutes beforehand. Some studios are popular, so we recommend securing your slot in advance.
TIP: Book enough time to set-up and get comfortable with the gear, and set-up/pack-down anything you’ve brought along.
What is verification and how does it work?
Being verified unlocks extra features at Pirate, like Refer-a-Friend credits. You also need to have your identity verified before you book one of our DJ or recording studios, so it’s a worthwhile investment! Don’t worry, the process only takes two minutes.
TIP: Use your mobile, it's easier to get a clear shot of your face/document.
I have an issue with my certificate code!
What if something breaks or I need a spare?
Spares in every location! We carry lots of spares in our sites, just in case you need any further equipment or something has a fault. You'll also find lots of spare cables and mics in our rehearsal studios if needed.
Something missing from the room or you need an item from the Spares cupboard? Hit us up on Live Chat via the website or on WhatsApp. We will be more than happy to help.
Are food and drinks available at the studios?
A handful of locations do have vending machines but we suggest you bring your own food and drinks with you. Most Pirate sites are near local shops for convenience, and several sites have a kettle and microwave. Check out our support hub or the location page for your Pirate studio for further details.
- Professional equipment
- Spares available
- Self-service, pay by the hour
- 24/7 pin code access
- Free WiFi
- W/C facilities
- Kitchen area
- Rehearsal studios
- DJ studios
- Recording studios
- 24/7 customer support
- Acoustically-treated rooms
- Custom temperature control