Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Recording — production (writing)
Writing studios for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
Recording — production w/ vocal booth
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. Our acoustically-treated recording studios are a private environment to create, write and produce music, offering professional equipment and flexible day rates. For anyone with an interest in music production, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our custom-designed Queens studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Ridgewood there are 28 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-serve using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
Protecting your health and safety during COVID-19
A number of measures have been put in place to ensure your studios can be enjoyed whilst respecting CDC guidelines and personal space.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Contact tracing implemented across all regions
- Regular sanitization sweeps
- Social distancing markers throughout
- Hand sanitizer and antibacterial spray available
Stay creative with COMMUNITY
Set up by artists, for artists, COMMUNITY connects Pirate creatives worldwide.
Ask for advice and feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, enter competitions, share the best-kept secret in your area… or simply connect with like-minded people. It’s all possible here.
- Collaborate: Seek out a collaborator to contribute to your next project, or offer your skills to someone in need.
- Feedback room: Share your works in progress, receive helpful advice, and provide constructive feedback on your fellow artists' music.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world your talent. Enter our regular challenges to win gear, studio credit, professional mentoring, and much more.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
Queens of arts
The home of historic districts is making a name for itself in 2020 as one of the city's premier exponents of contemporary arts and culture. As well as the myriad businesses plying their wares under the shared roof of our Box Factory home, there's plenty to do and see if you're hankering for a break from rehearsals:
- Queens Brewery: absolutely humongous hang-out haven with long picnic tables, bar food and beverages brewed on site. Oh, they serve coffee too. Long haul visit advised.
- The Deep End: this Wyckoff Ave spot knows brunch like you know the back of your hand. Go hungry, leave hunched over.
- The Muse: another like-minded creative community celebrating circus and performance art in all its weird and wonderful forms. Try one of their online classes from the comfort of your own home.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The Ridgewood studios are located on the lower ground floor of Box Factory, 1519 Decatur St. with a WC-accessible lift.
There are plenty of public transport services available: Bus B20 via Pennsylvania Av / Decatur Street; Subway L & J via Halsey Street; and Subway L & M via Myrtle - Wyckoff Ave
From the Community
"I’ve met up with so many DJ friends at Pirate for little B2B sessions and also ended up in a bunch of impromptu sessions"
Saint Ludo — DJ Mag