Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Recording — production (writing)
A writing space for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
Recording — production w/ vocal booth
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
Pirate Studios is the world’s largest network of creative studios with over thirty locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. The specialist recording studios are the perfect environment to create, write and produce music, offering free professional equipment, expert sound isolation and flexible rates to anyone with an interest in music production — regardless of their ethnicity, sexuality, socioeconomic status or gender.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist North London studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Tottenham there are 48 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write songs or record vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Spurs' highs and woes may dominate the area's press and idle chat, but this buzzing area is filled with many more highlights besides. Find yourself with some time to kill? Pop your head in at these local hotspots:
- Zen Records: small shop, big taste in old and rare reggae, ska, soul, jungle — every UK sound under the sun, all under one roof
- LOVEN presents: Neapolitan-style Italian restaurant with a massive menu for meaties, vegans and everyone in between
- Cafe Lemon: hearty plates for breakfast, brunch, blunch... any made-up time slot that gives you an excuse to set up camp
- Walthamstow Wetlands: clear your head and stretch your legs, it's only a 20-minute walk from the studios
Know somewhere else worth shouting about in Tottenham? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestion.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condensor
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61
- Headphones - Beyerdynamic DT770
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is 2 Norman Rd, London, N15 4ND.
The studios will not be wheelchair accessible until an unforeseen issue with the site lift has been resolved. Rest assured, we are aiming to fix this as soon as possible — apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Seven Sisters tube station and South Tottenham Overground station are within walking distance from the studios around five minutes away. Buses stop at Seven Sisters station also.
Driving or cycling? We don't have any dedicated Pirate spaces, but you can park on Norman Road and in the surrounding area.
From the Community
"I’ve met up with so many DJ friends at Pirate for little B2B sessions and also ended up in a bunch of impromptu sessions"
— DJ Mag